April 17, 2017 through May 5, 2017
It's that time of year already - spring tests! For the next few weeks, students in grades 3-5 will be taking the TNReady. TNReady is the state's assessments in math, English language arts, social studies, and science. For additional information on TNReady, please visit the state's website at http://www.tn.gov/education/topic/tnready.
How can you help your child?
1. Make sure they get a good night's sleep. We need them alert and ready!
2. Feed them a nutritious breakfast or get them to school early enough for them to eat at school. They can't think and focus on an empty stomach.
3. Make sure they arrive at school on time and are present each day if they are not sick.
4. Support them with any homework or reading assignments they bring home. Provide a quiet place for them to study/read and communicate the importance of completing all of their assignments.
5. Encourage them to do their best and to be on their best behavior. Even if the material seems difficult, it is important for all of us to encourage them to give 100%.